Monday 22 April 2013

I made a promise

Yesterday I rode the White Horse challenge for the fourth year in a row. My performance was nowhere near as good as the last two years, partly down to poor form, a wheezy chest and the lack of inclination to go faster. Jennifer has done her usual excellent job of describing it, or if you are so inclined, you can read my triumphalist versions from 2010 , 2011 or 2012.




By the time you have read that lot you will know how special this ride is to me, and I'm pleased to say that with the possible exception of George and Simon, I still hold the ACG record for said challenge, better luck next year boys when better weather and the Mendip Rouleur will return. And I did the hill in 6-06 last time out. Actually the ACG didn't exist when George and Simon rode their WHC, so that makes me the official record holder too!

But of course, triumph, disaster, records, form, kudos, status, whatever, it is all as nothing. And in case you think I'm disappearing up my Selle Italia, don't.

Think on this.

And when I go, I hope my friends will say something like this about me.

Normal service will return on 6th May.

No comments:

Post a Comment